2011 Kansas Code
Chapter 20. - COURTS
Article 29. - NONPARTISAN SELECTION OF JUDGES OF THE DISTRICT COURT
- 20-2901 Proposition of method of selection of judges of district court; submission of proposition on filing of petition or in newly established district.
- 20-2902 Application of 20-2903 to 20-2913 to judicial districts adopting proposition of nonpartisan selection of judges of the district court, judicial district defined; effect on terms of incumbent judges; constitutional restriction on political activities; removal.
- 20-2903 District judicial nominating commission; establishment; composition; chairperson, appointment, duties; purpose of commission.
- 20-2904 Same; lawyer members; qualifications; selection.
- 20-2905 Same; nonlawyer members; numbers; qualifications; appointments; certification.
- 20-2906 Same; terms of office; members ineligible for certain positions; vacancies.
- 20-2907 Same; oath of members; meetings; meeting place; rules of procedure; quorum; expenses; duties of county commissioners.
- 20-2908 Same; retention of incumbent judge; declaration of candidacy; rejection by electors, vacancy; retention, term of office; eligibility for office after rejection; applicability of election laws.
- 20-2909 Same; vacancy in office of judge of the district court; nominations for successor by district judicial nominating commission; tendering nominations; certification of nominations to governor; time limitations.
- 20-2910 Same; withdrawal of nomination; substitution of nominee; two or more vacancies, withdrawal of lists of nominations; resubmission of nominations.
- 20-2911 Same; appointment of successor by governor; time limitations; failure of governor to appoint, appointment by chief justice; effective date of appointment.
- 20-2912 Same; taking office; rights, privileges, powers and duties; terms of office, eligibility for retention in office; election on question of retention; term for which retained; rejection, vacancy, appointment of successor; judge's eligibility to succeed himself or herself; failure to declare candidacy, vacancy.
- 20-2913 Same; vacancies prior to formation of nominating commission; new judgeships, appointment and term; return to partisan method.
- 20-2914 Same; vacancies in district magistrate judge positions; method of selection.
- 20-2915 Same; effective date of appointment; eligibility for retention under nonpartisan method.
- 20-2916 Same; method of selection of judges in newly formed districts.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Kansas may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.