2006 Kansas Code - 74-5375
74-5375. Licensure of masters level psychologist or clinical psychotherapist registered, certified or licensed in another jurisdiction. (a) The behavioral sciences regulatory board may issue a license to an individual who is currently registered, certified or licensed to practice psychology at the masters level in another jurisdiction if the board determines that:
(1) The standards for registration, certification or licensure to practice psychology at the masters level in the other jurisdiction are substantially equivalent to the requirements of this state; or
(2) the applicant demonstrates, on forms provided by the board, compliance with the following standards adopted by the board:
(A) Continuous registration, certification or licensure to practice psychology at the masters level during the five years immediately preceding the application with at least the minimum professional experience as established by rules and regulations of the board;
(B) the absence of disciplinary actions of a serious nature brought by a registration, certification or licensing board or agency; and
(C) a masters degree in psychology from a regionally accredited university or college.
(b) Applicants for licensure as a clinical psychotherapist shall additionally demonstrate competence to diagnose and treat mental disorders through meeting the requirements of either paragraph (1) or (2) of subsection (a) and at least two of the following areas acceptable to the board:
(1) Either graduate coursework as established by rules and regulations of the board or passing a national clinical examination approved by the board;
(2) three years of clinical practice with demonstrated experience in diagnosing or treating mental disorders; or
(3) attestation from a professional licensed to diagnose and treat mental disorders in independent practice or licensed to practice medicine and surgery stating that the applicant is competent to diagnose and treat mental disorders.
(c) An applicant for a license under this section shall pay an application fee established by the board under K.S.A. 74-5365 and amendments thereto.
History: L. 2003, ch. 129, § 1; July 1.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Kansas may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.