2021 Iowa Code
Title XIV - PROPERTY
Chapter 562A - UNIFORM RESIDENTIAL LANDLORD AND TENANT LAW
Section 562A.17 - Tenant to maintain dwelling unit.
562A.17 Tenant to maintain dwelling unit.
The tenant shall:
1. Comply with all obligations primarily imposed upon tenants by applicable provisions of building and housing codes materially affecting health and safety.
2. Keep that part of the premises that the tenant occupies and uses as clean and safe as the condition of the premises permit.
3. Dispose from the tenant’s dwelling unit all ashes, rubbish, garbage, and other waste in a clean and safe manner.
4. Keep all plumbing fixtures in the dwelling unit or used by the tenant as clean as their condition permits.
5. Use in a reasonable manner all electrical, plumbing, sanitary, heating, ventilating, air-conditioning and other facilities and appliances including elevators in the premises.
6. Not deliberately or negligently destroy, deface, damage, impair or remove a part of the premises or knowingly permit a person to do so. If damage, defacement, alteration, or destruction of property by the tenant is intentional, the tenant may be criminally charged with criminal mischief pursuant to chapter 716.
7. Act in a manner that will not disturb a neighbor’s peaceful enjoyment of the premises.
[C79, 81, §562A.17]
2013 Acts, ch 97, §5
Referred to in §562A.27, 562A.28