2018 Iowa Code
Title XII - BUSINESS ENTITIES
Chapter 504 - REVISED IOWA NONPROFIT CORPORATION ACT
Section 504.826 - Committees of the board.
Committees of the board.
1. Unless prohibited or limited by the articles or bylaws of a corporation, the board of directors may create one or more committees of the board and appoint members of the board to serve on them. Each committee shall have two or more directors, who serve at the pleasure of the board.
2. The creation of a committee and appointment of members to it must be approved by the greater of either of the following:
a. A majority of all the directors in office when the action is taken.
b. The number of directors required by the articles or bylaws to take action under section 504.825.
3. Sections 504.821 through 504.825, which govern meetings, action without meetings, notice and waiver of notice, and quorum and voting requirements of the board, apply to committees of the board and their members as well.
4. To the extent specified by the board of directors or in the articles or bylaws, each committee of the board may exercise the board’s authority under section 504.801.
5. A committee of the board shall not, however, do any of the following:
a. Authorize distributions.
b. Approve or recommend to members dissolution, merger, or the sale, pledge, or transfer of all or substantially all of the corporation’s assets.
c. Elect, appoint, or remove directors or fill vacancies on the board or on any of its committees.
d. Adopt, amend, or repeal the articles or bylaws.
6. The creation of, delegation of authority to, or action by a committee does not alone constitute compliance by a director with the standards of conduct described in section 504.831.
7. A corporation may create or authorize the creation of one or more advisory committees whose members are not required to be directors. An advisory committee is not a committee of the board of directors and shall not exercise any powers of the board.
2004 Acts, ch 1049, §89, 192; 2012 Acts, ch 1049, §10
Referred to in §504.1601