2018 Iowa Code
Title XII - BUSINESS ENTITIES
Chapter 504 - REVISED IOWA NONPROFIT CORPORATION ACT
Section 504.705 - Notice of meeting.
Notice of meeting.
1. A corporation shall give notice consistent with its bylaws of meetings of members in a fair and reasonable manner.
2. Any notice which conforms to the requirements of subsection 3 is fair and reasonable, but other means of giving notice may also be fair and reasonable when all the circumstances are considered. However, notice of matters referred to in subsection 3, paragraph “b”, must be given as provided in subsection 3.
3. Notice is fair and reasonable if all of the following occur:
a. The corporation notifies its members of the place, date, and time of each annual, regular, and special meeting of members not more than sixty days and not less than ten days, or if notice is mailed by other than first class or registered mail, not less than thirty days, before the date of the meeting.
b. The notice of an annual or regular meeting includes a description of any matter or matters which must be considered for approval by the members under sections 504.833, 504.859, 504.1003, 504.1022, 504.1104, 504.1202, and 504.1402.
c. The notice of a special meeting includes a description of the purpose for which the meeting is called.
4. Unless the bylaws require otherwise, if an annual, regular, or special meeting of members is adjourned to a different date, time, or place, notice need not be given of the new date, time, or place, if the new date, time, or place is announced at the meeting before adjournment. If a new record date for the adjourned meeting is or must be fixed under section 504.707, however, notice of the adjourned meeting must be given under this section to the members of record as of the new record date.
5. When giving notice of an annual, regular, or special meeting of members, a corporation shall give notice of a matter a member intends to raise at the meeting if requested in writing to do so by a person entitled to call a special meeting and if the request is received by the secretary or president of the corporation at least ten days before the corporation gives notice of the meeting.
2004 Acts, ch 1049, §59, 192; 2005 Acts, ch 19, §87
Referred to in §504.142, §504.701, §504.702, §504.1003, §504.1022, §504.1103, §504.1202, §504.1402