2018 Iowa Code
Title XII - BUSINESS ENTITIES
Chapter 504 - REVISED IOWA NONPROFIT CORPORATION ACT
Section 504.1613 - Biennial report for secretary of state.
Biennial report for secretary of state.
1. Each domestic corporation, and each foreign corporation authorized to transact business in this state, shall deliver to the secretary of state for filing a biennial report on a form prescribed and furnished by the secretary of state that sets forth all of the following:
a. The name of the corporation and the state or country under whose law it is incorporated.
b. The address of the corporation’s registered office and the name of the corporation’s registered agent at that office in this state, together with the consent of any new registered agent.
c. The address of the corporation’s principal office.
d. The names and addresses of the president, secretary, treasurer, and one member of the board of directors.
e. Whether or not the corporation has members.
2. The information in the biennial report must be current on the date the biennial report is executed on behalf of the corporation.
3. The first biennial report shall be delivered to the secretary of state between January 1 and April 1 of the first odd-numbered year following the calendar year in which a domestic corporation was incorporated or a foreign corporation was authorized to transact business. Subsequent biennial reports must be delivered to the secretary of state between January 1 and April 1 of the following odd-numbered calendar years.
4. a. If a biennial report does not contain the information required by this section, the secretary of state shall promptly notify the reporting domestic or foreign corporation in writing and return the report to the corporation for correction.
b. A filing fee for the biennial report shall be determined by the secretary of state.
c. For purposes of this section, each biennial report shall contain information related to the two-year period immediately preceding the calendar year in which the report is filed.
5. The secretary of state may provide for the change of registered office or registered agent on the form prescribed by the secretary of state for the biennial report, provided that the form contains the information required in section 504.502 or 504.503. If the secretary of state determines that a biennial report does not contain the information required by this section but otherwise meets the requirements of section 504.502 or 504.503 for the purpose of changing the registered office or registered agent, the secretary of state shall file the statement of change of registered office or registered agent, effective as provided in section 504.114, before returning the biennial report to the corporation as provided in this section. A statement of change of registered office or agent pursuant to this subsection shall be executed by a person authorized to execute the biennial report.
2004 Acts, ch 1049, §175, 192
Referred to in §497.22, §498.24, §499.49, §504.111, §504.116, §504.119, §504.141, §504.504, §504.1421, §504.1508, §504.1510, §504.1531, §504.1601