2018 Iowa Code
Title XII - BUSINESS ENTITIES
Chapter 504 - REVISED IOWA NONPROFIT CORPORATION ACT
Section 504.115 - Correcting filed document.
Correcting filed document.
1. A domestic or foreign corporation may correct a document filed by the secretary of state if the document satisfies one of the following:
a. The document contains an inaccuracy.
b. The document was defectively executed, attested, sealed, verified, or acknowledged.
c. The electronic transmission was defective.
2. A document is corrected by doing both of the following:
a. By preparing articles of correction that satisfy all of the following requirements:
(1) Describe the document, including its filing date, or attach a copy of the document to the articles.
(2) Specify the inaccuracy or defect to be corrected.
(3) Correct the incorrect statement or defective execution.
b. By delivering the articles of correction to the secretary of state for filing.
3. Articles of correction are effective on the effective date of the document they correct except as to persons relying on the uncorrected document and adversely affected by the correction. As to those persons, articles of correction are effective when filed.
2004 Acts, ch 1049, §7, 192; 2005 Acts, ch 3, §79
Referred to in §504.114