2017 Iowa Code
Title VIII - TRANSPORTATION
Chapter 308 - MISSISSIPPI RIVER PARKWAY
Section 308.3 - Definitions.
Download as PDF
MISSISSIPPI RIVER PARKWAY, §308.3
As used in this chapter:
1. “Conservation area” means land in which the state department of transportation or the
department of natural resources has acquired rights, other than that land necessary for a
2. “Great river road” means a scenic and recreational highway consisting of a designated
system of roads and streets along the Mississippi river in this state.
3. “National parkway” has the same meaning as defined in Pub. L. No. 93-87, first session,
Ninety-third Congress of the United States.
4. “Right-of-way” means land area dedicated to public use for a highway and its
maintenance, and includes land acquired in fee simple or by permanent easement for
highway purposes, but does not include temporary easements or rights for supplementary
5. “A scenic and recreational highway” means a public highway designated to allow
enjoyment of aesthetic and scenic views, points of historical, archaeological and scientific
interest, state parks and other recreational areas and includes both the right-of-way and
6. “Scenic easement” means a servitude which is acquired by gift, purchase, exchange or
condemnation and is designed to permit land to remain in private ownership for its normal
agricultural, residential or other use and, at the same time, to restrict and control the future
use of the land for the purpose of preserving, restoring or enhancing the natural and historic
beauty of the land subject to the scenic easement.
7. “Secretary”, “parkway”, “scenic landscape”, “sightly or safety easement”, “access”,
“parkway road”, “parkway development”, “frontage” and other similar terms have the same
meaning as defined in any Act of the Congress of the United States related to a national
[C62, 66, 71, 73, 75, 77, 79, 81, §308.3]
86 Acts, ch 1245, §1928; 2006 Acts, ch 1010, §85; 2008 Acts, ch 1032, §44
Wed Feb 08 03:29:41 2017
Iowa Code 2017, Section 308.3 (8, 0)
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Iowa may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.