2016 Iowa Code
Title XVI - CRIMINAL LAW AND PROCEDURE
Chapter 724 - WEAPONS
Section 724.8 - Persons ineligible for permit to carry weapons.
Persons ineligible for permit to carry weapons.
No professional or nonprofessional permit to carry weapons shall be issued to a person who is subject to any of the following:
1. Is less than eighteen years of age for a professional permit or less than twenty-one years of age for a nonprofessional permit.
2. Is addicted to the use of alcohol.
3. Probable cause exists to believe, based upon documented specific actions of the person, where at least one of the actions occurred within two years immediately preceding the date of the permit application, that the person is likely to use a weapon unlawfully or in such other manner as would endanger the person’s self or others.
4. Is subject to the provisions of section 724.26.
5. Has, within the previous three years, been convicted of any serious or aggravated misdemeanor defined in chapter 708 not involving the use of a firearm or explosive.
6. Is prohibited by federal law from shipping, transporting, possessing, or receiving a firearm.
[C79, 81, §724.8]
2010 Acts, ch 1178, §6, 19
Referred to in §80A.13, §724.7, §724.10, §724.11, §724.27
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Iowa may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.