2016 Iowa Code
Section 648.22B - Cases where mobile or manufactured home is the subject of a foreclosure action.

IA Code § 648.22B (2016) What's This?


Cases where mobile or manufactured home is the subject of a foreclosure action.

1. When a mobile or manufactured home located in a manufactured home community or mobile home park is the subject of an action by a lienholder to foreclose a lienhold interest, the plaintiff may advance all moneys due and owing to the landlord and enter into an agreement with the court to pay to the landlord before delinquency all rent, reasonable upkeep, and other reasonable charges thereafter accruing on the home and space that it occupies, in which case any writ of execution on a judgment under this chapter will be stayed until the home is sold in place as provided by law or removed from the manufactured home community or mobile home park at the plaintiff’s expense.

2. When the conditions of subsection 1 have been satisfied, the clerk of court shall so notify the sheriff of the county in which the mobile or manufactured home is located.

3. The landlord shall have standing to intervene in the foreclosure proceedings or to file a separate action to compel compliance with the lienholder’s undertaking pursuant to subsection 1 and shall be entitled to recover costs and attorney fees incurred.

4. All expenditures made by a lienholder pursuant to subsection 1 shall be recoverable from the lien debtor in the foreclosure proceedings as protective disbursements whether or not provision is made for such recovery in the documentation of the subject lien.

5. In any case where this section has become operative, the provisions of section 648.18 shall not apply.

2000 Acts, ch 1210, §2; 2001 Acts, ch 153, §16

Referred to in §648.22A

Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Iowa may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.