2016 Iowa Code
Title XII - BUSINESS ENTITIES
Chapter 499B - HORIZONTAL PROPERTY (CONDOMINIUMS)
Section 499B.4 - Contents of declaration.
Contents of declaration.
The declaration provided for in section 499B.3 shall contain:
1. A description of the land.
2. A description of the building, stating the number of stories and basements, the number of apartments and the principal materials of which it is or is to be constructed.
3. The apartment number of each apartment, and a statement of its location, approximate area, number of rooms, an immediate common area to which it has access, and any other data necessary for its proper identification.
4. A description of the general common elements and facilities.
5. A description of the limited common elements and facilities, if any, stating to which apartments their use is reserved.
6. The fractional or percentage interest which each apartment bears to the entire horizontal property regime. The sum of such shall be one if expressed in fractions and one hundred if expressed in percentage.
7. The provision as to the percentage of votes by the apartment owners which shall be determinative of whether to rebuild, repair, restore, or sell the property in the event of damage or destruction of all or part of the property.
8. Any further details in connection with the property which the person executing the declaration may deem desirable to set forth consistent with this chapter.
9. The method by which the declaration may be amended, consistent with the provisions of this chapter.
[C66, 71, 73, 75, 77, 79, 81, §499B.4]
Referred to in §499B.5, §499B.7, §499B.12
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Iowa may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.