2016 Iowa Code
Title II - ELECTIONS AND OFFICIAL DUTIES
Chapter 43 - PARTISAN NOMINATIONS — PRIMARY ELECTION
Section 43.18 - Affidavit of candidacy.
Affidavit of candidacy.
Each candidate shall complete and file a signed, notarized affidavit of candidacy. The affidavit shall be in the form prescribed by the secretary of state and shall include the following information:
1. The candidate’s name in the form the candidate wants it to appear on the ballot.
2. The candidate’s home address.
3. The name of the county in which the candidate resides.
4. The political party with which the candidate is registered to vote.
5. The office sought by the candidate, and the district the candidate seeks to represent, if any.
6. A declaration that if the candidate is nominated and elected the candidate will qualify by taking the oath of office.
7. A statement that the candidate is aware that the candidate is required to organize a candidate’s committee which shall file an organization statement and disclosure reports if the committee or the candidate receives contributions, makes expenditures, or incurs indebtedness in excess of the reporting threshold in section 68A.102, subsection 5. This subsection shall not apply to candidates for federal office.
8. A statement that the candidate is aware of the prohibition in section 43.20 against being a candidate for more than one office appearing on the primary election ballot.
9. A statement that the candidate is aware that the candidate is disqualified from holding office if the candidate has been convicted of a felony or other infamous crime and the candidate’s rights have not been restored by the governor or by the president of the United States.
[S13, §1087-a10; C24, 27, 31, 35, 39, §544; C46, 50, 54, 58, 62, 66, 71, 73, §43.18; C75, §43.18, 56.5(4); C77, 79, 81, §43.18; 81 Acts, ch 35, §16]
90 Acts, ch 1238, §2; 91 Acts, ch 129, §2, 3; 94 Acts, ch 1023, §77; 94 Acts, ch 1180, §4; 98 Acts, ch 1052, §1
Referred to in §43.19, §420.130
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Iowa may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.