2015 Iowa Code
TITLE XV - JUDICIAL BRANCH AND JUDICIAL PROCEDURES
SUBTITLE 5 - SPECIAL ACTIONS
CHAPTER 642 - GARNISHMENT
- Section 642.1 - Who may be garnished.
- Section 642.2 - Garnishment of public employer.
- Section 642.3 - Fund in court.
- Section 642.4 - Death of garnishee.
- Section 642.5 - Sheriff may take answers.
- Section 642.6 - Garnishee required to appear.
- Section 642.7 - Examination in court.
- Section 642.8 - Witness fees.
- Section 642.9 - Failure to appear or answer — cause shown.
- Section 642.10 - Paying or delivering.
- Section 642.11 - Answer controverted.
- Section 642.12 - Notice of controverting pleadings.
- Section 642.13 - Judgment against garnishee.
- Section 642.14 - Notice of garnishment proceedings.
- Section 642.14A - Notice of garnishment and levy.
- Section 642.15 - Pleading by defendant — discharge of garnishee.
- Section 642.16 - When debt not due.
- Section 642.17 - Negotiable paper — indemnity.
- Section 642.18 - Judgment conclusive.
- Section 642.19 - Docket to show garnishments.
- Section 642.20 - Appeal.
- Section 642.21 - Exemption from net earnings.
- Section 642.22 - Validity of garnishment notice — duty to monitor account.
- Section 642.23 - Support disbursements by the clerk.
- Section 642.24 - Garnishments — support payment priority.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Iowa may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.