2015 Iowa Code
TITLE XV - JUDICIAL BRANCH AND JUDICIAL PROCEDURES
SUBTITLE 4 - PROBATE — FIDUCIARIES
CHAPTER 635 - ADMINISTRATION OF SMALL ESTATES
Section 635.2 - Petition requirements.
The petition for administration of a small estate must contain the following:
1. The name, domicile, and date of death of the decedent.
2. The name and address of the surviving spouse, and the name and relationship of each beneficiary in a testate estate or known heirs in an intestate estate.
3. Whether the decedent died intestate or testate, and, if testate, the date the will was executed.
4. A statement that the probate property of the decedent subject to the jurisdiction of this state does not have an aggregate gross value of more than the amount permitted under the provisions of section 635.1 and the approximate amount of personal property and income for the purposes of setting a bond.
5. The name and address of the proposed personal representative.
[C75, 77, 79, 81, §635.2; 1981 Acts, ch 199, §2,3]
1989 Acts, ch 25, §2; 2007 Acts, ch 134, §22,28; 2008 Acts, ch 1119, §35
Referred to in 635.1635.3 through 635.6
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Iowa may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.