2015 Iowa Code
TITLE XV - JUDICIAL BRANCH AND JUDICIAL PROCEDURES
SUBTITLE 4 - PROBATE — FIDUCIARIES
CHAPTER 633B - POWERS OF ATTORNEY
Section 633B.206 - Stocks and bonds.
Unless the power of attorney otherwise provides and subject to section 633B.201, language in a power of attorney granting general authority with respect to stocks and bonds authorizes the agent to do all of the following:
1. Buy, sell, and exchange stocks and bonds.
2. Establish, continue, modify, or terminate an account with respect to stocks and bonds.
3. Pledge stocks and bonds as security to borrow, pay, renew, or extend the time of payment of a debt of the principal.
4. Receive certificates and other evidence of ownership with respect to stocks and bonds.
5. Exercise voting rights with respect to stocks and bonds in person or by proxy, enter into voting trusts, and consent to limitations on the right to vote.
2014 Acts, ch 1078, §31
Referred to in 633B.201, 633B.202, 633B.203
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Iowa may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.