2015 Iowa Code
TITLE IV - PUBLIC HEALTH
SUBTITLE 1 - ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES AND CONTROLLED SUBSTANCES
CHAPTER 123 - ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGE CONTROL
Section 123.43A - Micro-distilled spirits permit.
1. Subject to rules of the division, a micro-distillery holding a class “A” micro-distilled spirits permit pursuant to this section may sell or offer for sale micro-distilled spirits. As provided in this section, sales may be made at retail for off-premises consumption when sold on the premises of the micro-distillery that manufactures micro-distilled spirits. All sales shall be made through the state’s wholesale distribution system.
2. A micro-distillery shall not sell more than one and one-half liters per person per day, of micro-distilled spirits on the premises of the micro-distillery. In addition, a micro-distillery shall not directly ship micro-distilled spirits for sale at retail. The micro-distillery shall maintain records of individual purchases of micro-distilled spirits at the micro-distillery for three years.
3. A micro-distillery shall not sell micro-distilled spirits other than as permitted in this chapter and shall not allow micro-distilled spirits sold to be consumed upon the premises of the micro-distillery. However, as a part of a micro-distillery tour, micro-distilled spirits of no more than two ounces per person per day may be sampled on the premises where fermented, distilled, or matured, when no charge is made for the sampling.
4. A class “A” micro-distilled spirits permit for a micro-distillery shall be issued and renewed annually upon payment of a fee of five hundred dollars.
5. The sale of micro-distilled spirits to the division for wholesale disposition and sale by the division shall be subject to the requirements of this chapter regarding such disposition and sale.
6. The division shall issue no more than three permits under this section to a person. In addition, a micro-distillery issued a permit under this section shall file with the division all documents filed by the micro-distillery with the alcohol and tobacco tax and trade bureau of the United States department of the treasury, including all production, storage, and processing reports.
7. Micro-distilled spirits purchased at a micro-distillery shall not be consumed on any property owned, operated, or controlled by a micro-distillery.
2010 Acts, ch 1031, §84, 2010 Acts, ch 1193, §40, 2011 Acts, ch 17, §9, 2011 Acts, ch 30, §4
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Iowa may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.