2015 Iowa Code
Section 123.41 - Manufacturer’s license.

1.  Each application to obtain or renew a manufacturer’s license shall be submitted to the division electronically, or in a manner prescribed by the administrator, and shall be accompanied by a fee of three hundred fifty dollars payable to the division. The administrator may in accordance with this chapter grant and issue to a manufacturer a manufacturer’s license, valid for a one-year period after date of issuance, which shall allow the manufacture, storage, and wholesale disposition and sale of alcoholic liquors to the division and to customers outside of the state.

2.  As a condition precedent to the approval and granting of a manufacturer’s license, an applicant shall file a statement under oath with the division that the applicant is a bona fide manufacturer of alcoholic liquors, and that the applicant will faithfully observe and comply with all laws, rules, and regulations governing the manufacture and sale of alcoholic liquor.

3.  A person who holds an experimental distilled spirits plant permit or its equivalent issued by the alcohol and tobacco tax and trade bureau of the United States department of the treasury may produce alcohol for use as fuel without obtaining a manufacturer’s license from the division.

4.  A violation of the requirements of this section shall subject the licensee to the general penalties provided in this chapter and shall constitute grounds for imposition of a civil penalty or suspension or revocation of the license after notice and opportunity for a hearing pursuant to section 123.39 and chapter 17A.
[C35, §1921-f36; C39, §1921.036; C46, 50, 54, 58, 62, 66, 71, §123.36; C73, 75, 77, 79, 81, §123.41]

2011 Acts, ch 30, §3, 2013 Acts, ch 35, §6, 2014 Acts, ch 1026, §26
Subsection 1 amended

Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Iowa may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.