2014 Iowa Code
TITLE XIV - PROPERTY
SUBTITLE 3 - LIENS
CHAPTER 579A - CUSTOM CATTLE FEEDLOT LIEN
SECTION 579A.1 - Definitions.
As used in this chapter, unless the context otherwise requires:
1. “Cattle” means an animal classified as bovine, regardless of the age or sex of the animal.
2. “Custom cattle feedlot” means a feedlot where cattle owned by a person are provided feed and care by another person.
3. “Custom cattle feedlot operator” means the owner of a custom cattle feedlot or the owner’s personal representative.
4. “Feedlot” means a lot, yard, corral, building, or other area in which cattle are confined and fed and maintained for forty-five days or more in any twelve-month period.
5. “Lien” means a custom cattle feedlot lien created in section 579A.2.
6. “Personal representative” means a person who is authorized by the owner of a custom cattle feedlot to act on behalf of the owner, including by executing an agreement, managing a custom cattle feedlot, filing a financing statement to perfect a lien, and enforcing a lien under this chapter.
7. “Processor” means the same as defined in section 202B.102.
95 Acts, ch 59, §2; 99 Acts, ch 169, §7, 8, 22, 24; 2001 Acts, ch 25, §1, 2
Referred to in §579B.7
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Iowa may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.