2014 Iowa Code
TITLE XIV - PROPERTY
SUBTITLE 2 - REAL PROPERTY — GIFTS
CHAPTER 569 - ACQUISITION OF TITLE BY STATE OR MUNICIPAL CORPORATIONS
SECTION 569.8 - Title under tax deed — sale — proceeds.
569.8 Title under tax deed — sale — proceeds.
1. Disposition by a county of a parcel acquired by tax deed shall comply with section 331.361, subsection 2 or 3.
2. When title to a parcel acquired by tax deed is transferred, the auditor shall immediately record the deed and the assessor shall enter the parcel to be assessed following the assessment date.
3. A parcel the county holds by tax deed shall not be assessed or taxed until transferred.
4. The transfer by a county of a parcel acquired by tax deed gives the purchaser free title as to previously levied or set taxes.
5. The proceeds of the sale shall be credited to the county general fund.
[C35, §10260-g1; C39, §10260.4; C46, 50, 54, 58, 62, 66, 71, 73, 75, 77, 79, 81, S81, §569.8; 81 Acts, ch 117, §1094]
91 Acts, ch 191, §122; 92 Acts, ch 1016, §40; 96 Acts, ch 1204, §32
Referred to in §445.1
For definitions applicable to this section, see §445.1
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Iowa may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.