2014 Iowa Code
TITLE XIV - PROPERTY
SUBTITLE 2 - REAL PROPERTY — GIFTS
CHAPTER 562A - UNIFORM RESIDENTIAL LANDLORD AND TENANT LAW
SECTION 562A.13 - Disclosure.
1. The landlord or a person authorized to enter into a rental agreement on behalf of the landlord shall disclose to the tenant in writing at or before the commencement of the tenancy the name and address of:
a. The person authorized to manage the premises.
b. An owner of the premises or a person authorized to act for and on behalf of the owner for the purpose of service of process and for the purpose of receiving and receipting for notices and demands.
2. The information required to be furnished by this section shall be kept current and this section extends to and is enforceable against a successor landlord, owner, or manager.
3. A person who fails to comply with subsection 1 becomes an agent of each person who is a landlord for the purpose of:
a. Service of process and receiving and receipting for notices and demands.
b. Performing the obligations of the landlord under this chapter and under the rental agreement and expending or making available for that purpose all rent collected from the premises.
4. The landlord or any person authorized to enter into a rental agreement on the landlord’s behalf shall fully explain utility rates, charges and services to the prospective tenant before the rental agreement is signed unless paid by the tenant directly to the utility company.
5. Each tenant shall be notified, in writing, of any rent increase at least thirty days before the effective date. Such effective date shall not be sooner than the expiration date of original rental agreement or any renewal or extension thereof.
6. The landlord or a person authorized to enter into a rental agreement on behalf of the landlord shall disclose to each tenant in writing before the commencement of the tenancy if the property is listed in the comprehensive environmental response compensation and liability information system maintained by the federal environmental protection agency.
[C79, 81, §562A.13]
2004 Acts, ch 1071, §1
Referred to in §562A.6, 562A.8
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Iowa may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.