2014 Iowa Code
TITLE VI - HUMAN SERVICES
SUBTITLE 3 - MENTAL HEALTH
CHAPTER 229A - COMMITMENT OF SEXUALLY VIOLENT PREDATORS
- SECTION 229A.1 - Legislative findings.
- SECTION 229A.2 - Definitions.
- SECTION 229A.3 - Notice of discharge of sexually violent predator — immunity from liability — multidisciplinary team — prosecutor’s review committee — assessment of person.
- SECTION 229A.4 - Petition, time, contents.
- SECTION 229A.5 - Person taken into custody, determination of probable cause, hearing, evaluation.
- SECTION 229A.5A - Powers of investigative personnel before a petition is filed.
- SECTION 229A.5B - Escape from custody — penalty.
- SECTION 229A.5C - Criminal offenses committed while detained or subject to an order of commitment.
- SECTION 229A.5D - Medical treatment.
- SECTION 229A.6 - Counsel and experts, indigent persons.
- SECTION 229A.6A - Transport orders.
- SECTION 229A.7 - Trial, determination, commitment procedure, chapter 28E agreements, mistrials.
- SECTION 229A.8 - Annual examinations and review — discharge or transitional release petitions by persons committed.
- SECTION 229A.8A - Transitional release.
- SECTION 229A.8B - Violations of transitional release.
- SECTION 229A.9 - Detention and commitment to conform to constitutional requirements.
- SECTION 229A.9A - Release with or without supervision.
- SECTION 229A.9B - Violations of release with or without supervision.
- SECTION 229A.10 - Petition for discharge — procedure.
- SECTION 229A.11 - Subsequent discharge or transitional release petitions — limitations.
- SECTION 229A.12 - Director of human services — responsibility for costs — reimbursement.
- SECTION 229A.12A - Director of the department of corrections — responsibility for safekeeper.
- SECTION 229A.13 - Severability.
- SECTION 229A.14 - Release of confidential or privileged information and records.
- SECTION 229A.15 - Court records — sealed and opened by court order.
- SECTION 229A.15A - Civil protective order.
- SECTION 229A.15B - Rulemaking authority.
- SECTION 229A.16 - Short title.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Iowa may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.