2021 Indiana Code
Title 20. Education
Article 23. Organization of School Corporations
Chapter 14. Election of Governing Body Members in Lake Station
20-23-14-3. Governing Body; Members
Sec. 3. (a) The governing body of the school corporation consists of five (5) members elected on a nonpartisan basis.
(b) Three (3) of the members are elected from the school districts referred to in section 4.5 of this chapter by eligible voters residing in the school districts. Each member:
(1) is elected from the school district in which the member resides; and
(2) upon election and in conducting the business of the governing body, represents the interests of the entire school corporation.
(c) Two (2) of the members:
(1) are elected by eligible voters residing in the school corporation;
(2) are at-large members of the governing body; and
(3) upon election and in conducting the business of the governing body, represent the interests of the entire school corporation.
[Pre-2005 Elementary and Secondary Education Recodification Citation: 20-3-22-3.]
As added by P.L.1-2005, SEC.7. Amended by P.L.271-2013, SEC.42.