2021 Indiana Code
Title 15. Agriculture and Animals
Article 17. Animal Health and Animal Products
Chapter 16. Licenses
15-17-16-2. Foreign Corporation Consent to Service

Universal Citation: IN Code § 15-17-16-2 (2021)

Sec. 2. (a) Except for an applicant that is a foreign corporation, a nonresident applicant for a license under this article must file with the board an irrevocable consent that specifies the following:

(1) The proceedings against the applicant may be filed in any appropriate court of any county or municipality in Indiana where:

(A) the plaintiff resides; or

(B) any part of the transaction occurred out of which the alleged cause of action arose.

(2) The process in any action may be served on the applicant by leaving with the board two (2) copies of the complaint or pleadings that have been filed in an Indiana court.

(3) That the service of process in subdivision (2) is valid and binding for all purposes.

(b) The board shall promptly forward, by registered mail, one (1) copy of any service of process to the applicant at the address shown on the records of the board.

(c) A foreign corporation may not receive a license under this chapter until it is authorized by the secretary of state to do business in Indiana.

[Pre-2008 Recodification Citation: 15-2.1-17-2.]

As added by P.L.2-2008, SEC.8.

Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Indiana may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.
This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.