2021 Indiana Code
Title 15. Agriculture and Animals
Article 14. Agricultural Fairs, Associations, and Societies
Chapter 9. Tax Levy for County Fairs
15-14-9-1. County Appropriation; Purposes; Restrictions
Sec. 1. (a) The county council and board of county commissioners of a county may appropriate and pay to:
(1) an agricultural fair, exhibition, or association; or
(2) an organized county 4-H club in which the residents of the county are interested;
a sum not exceeding four cents ($0.04) on each one hundred dollars ($100) valuation of the taxable property of the county, to be paid out of the county general fund.
(b) An appropriation under subsection (a) may be used only for necessary costs and expenses:
(1) incidental to the conduct and carrying out the purposes of organized:
(A) 4-H clubs; and
(B) boys' and girls' club work;
(2) for cash awards on:
(A) agricultural and horticultural products;
(B) livestock; and
(C) boys' and girls' club work; and
(3) for judging products, livestock, and club work described in this subsection.
(c) An appropriation under subsection (a) applies to regularly organized:
(1) fair associations; and
(2) boys' and girls' clubs, 4-H clubs, or agricultural clubs;
if the fair or exhibition is given only for the promotion of the interests of agriculture, horticulture, and stock raising. The appropriation does not apply to a person, an association, or a corporation conducting the fair or exhibition for profit or to street fairs or exhibitions.
(d) An appropriation under subsection (a) may not be used or given for contests of speed.
[Pre-2008 Recodification Citation: 15-1-8-1.]
As added by P.L.2-2008, SEC.5.