2020 Indiana Code
Title 9. Motor Vehicles
Article 20. Size and Weight Regulation
Chapter 15. Special Restrictions Concerning Special Tractor-Mobile Home Rigs and Required Permits
9-20-15-6. "Extra Wide Manufactured Home Rig"
Sec. 6. (a) As used in this section, "extra wide manufactured home rig" means any combination of a manufactured home or sectionalized building and a towing vehicle having all of the following dimensions:
(1) Some part of the combination with a width greater than one hundred seventy-two (172) inches but not greater than one hundred ninety-two (192) inches.
(A) manufactured home part of the combination, including the hitch; or
(B) sectionalized building part of the combination, including the hitch;
with a length that does not exceed eighty-five (85) feet.
(3) The tractor part of the combination with a length not less than twelve (12) feet.
(4) None of the combination with a height greater than fourteen (14) feet six (6) inches.
(b) The Indiana department of transportation may adopt rules under IC 4-22-2 to implement a permit system regulating the transportation of extra wide manufactured home rigs.
(c) Rules adopted by the Indiana department of transportation under this section must address the following:
(1) The competitive nature of Indiana's manufactured housing industry.
(2) The safety of persons who use the highways.
(d) If the Indiana department of transportation adopts rules under this section to issue permits for extra wide manufactured home rigs, the fee for a permit is thirty dollars ($30).
[Pre-2016 Revision Citation: subsection (d) formerly 9-29-6-11.]
As added by P.L.95-1991, SEC.4. Amended by P.L.93-1997, SEC.11; P.L.217-2003, SEC.5; P.L.198-2016, SEC.357.