There is a newer version of this Section
2020 Indiana Code
Title 34. Civil Law and Procedure
Article 18. Medical Malpractice
Chapter 12. Liability Based on Breach of Contract; Informed Consent
34-18-12-3. Informed Written Consent; Explanation of Proposed Treatment, Outcome, and Risks
Universal Citation: IN Code § 34-18-12-3 (2020)
Sec. 3. The explanation given in accordance with section 2(3) of this chapter must include the following information:
(1) The general nature of the patient's condition.
(2) The proposed treatment, procedure, examination, or test.
(3) The expected outcome of the treatment, procedure, examination, or test.
(4) The material risks of the treatment, procedure, examination, or test.
(5) The reasonable alternatives to the treatment, procedure, examination, or test.
[Pre-1998 Recodification Citation: 27-12-12-3.]
As added by P.L.1-1998, SEC.13.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Indiana may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.