2020 Indiana Code
Title 29. Probate
Article 3. Guardianships and Protective Proceedings
Chapter 8. Responsibilities and Powers of Guardian
29-3-8-3. Mandatory Responsibilities of Guardian
Sec. 3. A guardian (other than a temporary guardian) shall do the following:
(1) Act as a guardian with respect to the guardianship property and observe the standards of care and conduct applicable to trustees.
(2) Protect and preserve the property of the protected person subject to guardianship and secure the protective orders or other orders that are required to protect any other property of the protected person.
(3) Conserve any property of the protected person in excess of the protected person's current needs.
(4) Encourage self-reliance and independence of the protected person.
(5) Consider recommendations relating to the appropriate standard of support, care, education, and training for the protected person or the protected person's dependent made by the protected person's parent.
As added by P.L.169-1988, SEC.1. Amended by P.L.108-1996, SEC.6.