2020 Indiana Code
Title 20. Education
Article 33. Students: General Provisions
Chapter 8. Student Discipline
- 20-33-8-0.2. "Bullying"
- 20-33-8-0.5. "Physician"
- 20-33-8-1. "Principal"
- 20-33-8-2. "Educational Function"
- 20-33-8-3. "Expulsion"
- 20-33-8-4. "School Purposes"
- 20-33-8-5. "School Property"
- 20-33-8-6. "Superintendent" Includes Superintendent's Designee
- 20-33-8-7. "Suspension"
- 20-33-8-8. Duty and Powers of School Corporation to Supervise and Discipline Students
- 20-33-8-9. Disciplinary Powers of Teachers and School Staff Members
- 20-33-8-10. Disciplinary Powers of Principals
- 20-33-8-11. Disciplinary Powers of Superintendents and Administrative Staff Members
- 20-33-8-12. Adoption of Discipline Rules; Publicity Requirement; Discipline Policy Regulations and Guidelines; Delegation of Authority; Rulemaking Powers of Governing Body
- 20-33-8-13. Possession and Self-Administration of Medication Permitted
- 20-33-8-13.5. Discipline Rules Prohibiting Bullying Required
- 20-33-8-14. Grounds for Suspension or Expulsion
- 20-33-8-15. Unlawful Activity by Student
- 20-33-8-16. Possession of Firearms, Deadly Weapons, or Destructive Devices
- 20-33-8-17. Student's Legal Settlement Not in Attendance Area
- 20-33-8-18. Maximum Term of Suspension; Procedure; Student Assignments
- 20-33-8-19. Expulsion Procedure; Appeals; Preparation of List
- 20-33-8-20. Maximum Term of Expulsion; Reenrollment in Alternative Program After Expulsion or Exclusion; Reinstatement Review
- 20-33-8-21. Scope of Judicial Review
- 20-33-8-22. Effectiveness of Statute During Judicial Review
- 20-33-8-23. Suspension Pending Expulsion Decision
- 20-33-8-24. Requirements for Reenrollment After Expulsion
- 20-33-8-25. Additional Disciplinary Actions Authorized
- 20-33-8-26. Rules Requiring Participation in Disciplinary Action by Person Caring for Dependent Student
- 20-33-8-27. Supplemental Procedures Authorized
- 20-33-8-28. Waiver of Rights
- 20-33-8-29. Special Schools
- 20-33-8-30. Enrollment in Another School Corporation or Charter School During Period of Expulsion or Proposed Expulsion
- 20-33-8-31. Effect of Suspension or Expulsion on Compulsory Attendance Laws
- 20-33-8-32. Locker Searches
- 20-33-8-33. Submission of Information to Bureau of Motor Vehicles
- 20-33-8-34. Disciplinary Action for Students With Disabilities
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Indiana may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.