2019 Indiana Code
Title 9. Motor Vehicles
Article 30. General Penalty Provisions
Chapter 3. Court Procedures
9-30-3-14. Moving traffic offense committed by person other than the owner; notice to owner; contents
Sec. 14. If a court convicts a person for a moving traffic offense and the person is known or believed by the court not to be the owner of the motor vehicle, the court shall, within seven (7) days after entering the conviction, deposit with the United States Postal Service, first class postage prepaid, notice addressed to the owner of the motor vehicle giving the owner the following information:
(1) The name and address of the person convicted.
(2) The name and address of the owner of the motor vehicle.
(3) The offense upon which the conviction was made.
(4) The date of arrest of the person convicted and the location of the place of the offense.
(5) The license plate number of the motor vehicle.
(6) The operator's or chauffeur's license number of the person convicted.
(7) The date of the conviction and the name of the court making the conviction.
[Pre-1991 Recodification Citations: 9-4-12-1 part; 9-4-12-2.]
As added by P.L.2-1991, SEC.18. Amended by P.L.85-2013, SEC.84.