2019 Indiana Code
Title 6. Taxation
Article 1.1. Property Taxes
Chapter 37. Miscellaneous Penalty and Interest Provisions
6-1.1-37-6. Class A misdemeanors related to property tax matters
Sec. 6. A person who recklessly, knowingly, or intentionally:
(1) disobeys a subpoena, or a subpoena duces tecum, issued under the general assessment provisions of this article;
(2) refuses to give evidence when directed to do so by an individual or board authorized under the general assessment provisions of this article to require the evidence;
(3) fails to file a personal property return required under IC 6-1.1-3;
(4) fails to subscribe to an oath or certificate required under the general assessment provisions of this article;
(5) temporarily converts property which is taxable under this article into property not taxable to evade the payment of taxes on the converted property; or
(6) fails to file an information return required by the department of local government finance under IC 6-1.1-4-42;
commits a Class A misdemeanor.
[Pre-1975 Property Tax Recodification Citation: 6-1-32-4.]
Formerly: Acts 1975, P.L.47, SEC.1. As amended by Acts 1978, P.L.2, SEC.610; P.L.182-2009(ss), SEC.173.