2019 Indiana Code
Title 34. Civil Law and Procedure
Article 31. Limited Liability
Chapter 10. Limited Liability Arising From the Public Use of School Facilities for Physical Fitness Activities
34-31-10-4. "Inherent risk of a physical fitness activity"
Sec. 4. (a) As used in this chapter, "inherent risk of a physical fitness activity" means a condition, danger, or hazard that is an integral part of:
(1) a physical fitness activity;
(2) the use of exercise equipment; or
(3) the use of a facility provided by a school;
as determined by a reasonable person considering the nature of the activity, equipment, or facility.
(b) The term includes the negligent acts of a participant that may contribute to injury to the participant or others, including:
(1) failing to follow instructions;
(2) failing to exercise reasonable caution while engaging in an activity; or
(3) failing to obey written warnings or postings.
As added by P.L.220-2013, SEC.3.