2019 Indiana Code
Title 32. Property
Article 32. Time Shares and Camping Clubs
Chapter 3. Time Shares and Camping Clubs
32-32-3-1. Registration with division
Sec. 1. (a) Before a developer may offer to sell any time shares or camping club memberships in this state, the developer must register with the division under this section.
(b) A person who applies for registration under this section shall submit an application in the manner provided by the division and shall disclose the following information under oath:
(1) The names and addresses of all officers, project managers, marketing agencies, advertising agencies, and exchange companies who are actively involved in soliciting or selling time share units or camping club memberships.
(2) The name and address of each person who owns an interest of ten percent (10%) or more in the registrant, except for reporting companies under the Securities Exchange Act of 1934.
(3) A copy of the document in which the time share project or camping club project is created.
(4) A preliminary title report for the time share project or camping club project and copies of the documents listed as exceptions in the report showing any encumbrances.
(5) Copies of and instructions for escrow agreements, deeds, and sales contracts.
(6) Documents that show the current assessments for property taxes on the time share project or camping club project.
(7) A copy of bylaws or similar instrument that creates any community ownership relationship.
(8) Copies of all documents that will be given to a participant who is interested in participating in a program for the exchange of occupancy rights among time share participants or camping club members, and copies of the documents that show acceptance of the time share or camping club membership in the program.
(c) A developer who knowingly or intentionally offers to sell any time shares or camping club memberships in this state before registering with the division under this section commits a Level 6 felony.
[Pre-2002 Recodification Citation: 24-5-9-22.]
As added by P.L.2-2002, SEC.17. Amended by P.L.158-2013, SEC.334.