2019 Indiana Code
Title 20. Education
Article 49. State Management of Common School Funds; State Advances and Loans
Chapter 3. State Administration of Common School Fund
20-49-3-12. Management of funds; state board of finance
Sec. 12. (a) The state board of finance shall direct all disbursement from the fund. The auditor of state shall draw the auditor of state's warrant on the treasurer of state, on a properly itemized voucher officially approved by:
(1) the president of the state board of finance; or
(2) in the absence of the president, any member of the state board of finance.
(b) Except as otherwise provided by this chapter, all securities purchased for the fund shall be deposited with and remain in the custody of the state board of finance. The state board of finance shall collect all interest or other income accruing on the securities, when due, together with the principal of the securities when the principal matures and is due. Except as provided by subsection (c), all money collected under this subsection shall be:
(1) credited to the proper fund account on the records of the auditor of state;
(2) deposited with the treasurer of state; and
(3) reported to the state board of finance.
(c) All money collected under an agreement that is sold, transferred, or liquidated under IC 20-49-4-23 shall be immediately transferred to the purchaser, transferee, or assignee of the agreement.
[Pre-2006 Recodification Citation: 21-1-3-9.]
As added by P.L.2-2006, SEC.172.