2019 Indiana Code
Title 16. Health
Article 36. Medical Consent
Chapter 6. Physician Order for Scope of Treatment (Post)
- 16-36-6-1. "Consent"
- 16-36-6-2. "Declarant"
- 16-36-6-3. "Life prolonging procedure"
- 16-36-6-4. "POST form"
- 16-36-6-5. "Qualified person"
- 16-36-6-6. "Representative"
- 16-36-6-6.5. Application of chapter
- 16-36-6-7. Individuals who may complete a POST form; requirements; representative acting in good faith
- 16-36-6-8. Execution of POST form; requirements for POST form to be effective; signature
- 16-36-6-9. State department development of POST form; requirements; Internet; not liable
- 16-36-6-10. Original kept by declarant; copy in medical file
- 16-36-6-11. Revocation of POST form; effectiveness; notification
- 16-36-6-12. Alternative treatment request allowed
- 16-36-6-13. Petition for relief; court authority
- 16-36-6-14. POST form not effective during pregnancy
- 16-36-6-15. Medical orders in POST form effective in all settings; noncompliance; contrary care not required; discussion of order requirement; transfer of care
- 16-36-6-16. Good faith and medical standards; immunity from civil and criminal liability; presumption of compliance
- 16-36-6-17. No modification or alteration of practice of medicine or nursing; prohibition on medically inappropriate treatment
- 16-36-6-18. Death not considered suicide; prohibition on compelling completion of POST form; legal rights not superseded; POST form voluntary
- 16-36-6-19. No authorization of euthanasia
- 16-36-6-20. Execution or revocation of POST form does not affect other legal documents or authority
- 16-36-6-21. Other state's POST form; web site list
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Indiana may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.