2018 Indiana Code
TITLE 6. Taxation
ARTICLE 8.1. DEPARTMENT OF STATE REVENUE; TAX ADMINISTRATION
CHAPTER 6. Filing and Due Dates
6-8.1-6-8. Information concerning municipal taxpayers
Sec. 8. (a) The department in cooperation with the department of local government finance and the budget agency shall provide information annually that:
(1) identifies the total number of individual taxpayers that live within a particular incorporated city or town;
(2) identifies the total individual adjusted gross income of those taxpayers; and
(3) includes any other information that:
(A) can be abstracted from the taxpayers' individual income tax returns; and
(B) is necessary to obtain information concerning individual income taxation under IC 6-3.5-1.1 (repealed), IC 6-3.5-6 (repealed), IC 6-3.5-7 (repealed), and IC 6-3.6;
as agreed to by the department and the legislative services agency.
(b) As used in this subsection, "authorized agency" refers to the legislative services agency or the budget agency. As used in this subsection, "director" refers to the executive director of the legislative services agency or the director of the budget agency. The department shall provide access to the information described in subsection (a) in electronic format to an authorized agency:
(1) upon receipt of a written request from the director of the authorized agency; and
(2) upon the director's agreement that any information accessed (other than aggregate data) will be kept confidential and used solely for official purposes.
As added by P.L.182-2009(ss), SEC.253. Amended by P.L.197-2016, SEC.77.