2018 Indiana Code
TITLE 6. Taxation
ARTICLE 4.1. DEATH TAXES
CHAPTER 4. Filing Requirements
6-4.1-4-7. Nonresident decedent; inheritance tax return
Sec. 7. (a) Except as otherwise provided in section 0.5 of this chapter, the personal representative of a nonresident decedent's estate or the trustee or transferee of property transferred by the decedent shall file an inheritance tax return with the department of state revenue within nine (9) months after the date of the decedent's death. The person filing the return shall file it under oath on the forms prescribed by the department of state revenue. The return shall:
(1) contain a statement of all property interests transferred by the decedent under taxable transfers known to the person filing the return;
(2) indicate the fair market value, as of the appraisal date prescribed by IC 6-4.1-5-1.5, of each property interest included in the statement;
(3) contain an itemized list of all inheritance tax deductions claimed with respect to property interests included in the statement;
(4) contain a list which indicates the name and address of each transferee of the property interests included in the statement and which indicates the total value of the property interests transferred to each transferee; and
(5) contain the name and address of the attorney for the personal representative or for the person filing the return.
(b) If the decedent died testate, the person filing the return shall attach a copy of the decedent's will to the return.
As added by Acts 1976, P.L.18, SEC.1. Amended by Acts 1977(ss), P.L.6, SEC.6; Acts 1980, P.L.57, SEC.10; P.L.67-1988, SEC.2; P.L.252-2001, SEC.4; P.L.6-2010, SEC.3.