2018 Indiana Code
TITLE 6. Taxation
ARTICLE 4.1. DEATH TAXES
CHAPTER 12. General Administrative Provisions
6-4.1-12-6. Powers and duties of department of state revenue
Sec. 6. The department of state revenue:
(1) shall supervise the enforcement of this article;
(2) shall supervise the collection of taxes imposed under this article;
(3) shall investigate the manner in which this article is administered and enforced in the various counties of this state;
(4) shall provide the forms and books required to implement this article;
(5) shall promulgate any rules or regulations which are necessary for the interpretation or the enforcement of this article;
(6) may investigate any facts or circumstances which are relevant to the taxes imposed under this article;
(7) shall provide the inheritance tax administrator with a secretary; and
(8) may provide the inheritance tax administrator with assistants, clerks, or stenographers.
As added by Acts 1976, P.L.18, SEC.1.