2018 Indiana Code
TITLE 6. Taxation
ARTICLE 1.1. PROPERTY TAXES
CHAPTER 41. Cumulative Fund Tax Levy Procedures
6-1.1-41-6. Objections to establishment of fund or increase in tax rate related to fund
Sec. 6. Not later than noon thirty (30) days after the publication of the notice of adoption required by section 3 of this chapter:
(1) at least ten (10) taxpayers in the taxing district, if the fund is authorized under IC 8-10-5-17, IC 8-16-3-1, IC 8-16-3.1-4, IC 14-27-6-48, IC 14-33-21-2, IC 36-8-14-2, IC 36-8-19-8.5, IC 36-9-4-48, or IC 36-10-4-36;
(2) at least twenty (20) taxpayers in a county served by a hospital, if the fund is authorized under IC 16-22-4-1;
(3) at least thirty (30) taxpayers in a tax district, if the fund is authorized under IC 36-10-3-21 or IC 36-10-7.5-19;
(4) at least fifty (50) taxpayers in a municipality, township, or county, if subdivision (1), (2), (3), or (5) does not apply; or
(5) at least one hundred (100) taxpayers in the county, if the fund is authorized by IC 3-11-6;
may file a petition with the county auditor stating their objections to an action described in section 2 of this chapter. Upon the filing of the petition, the county auditor shall immediately certify the petition to the department of local government finance.
As added by P.L.17-1995, SEC.6. Amended by P.L.90-2002, SEC.277; P.L.137-2012, SEC.43; P.L.203-2016, SEC.18.