2018 Indiana Code
TITLE 6. Taxation
ARTICLE 1.1. PROPERTY TAXES
CHAPTER 4. Procedures for Real Property Assessment
6-1.1-4-28.5. Property reassessment funds; use of money; soil maps
Sec. 28.5. (a) Money assigned to a property reassessment fund under section 27.5 of this chapter may be used only to pay the costs of:
(1) the reassessment of one (1) or more groups of parcels under a county's reassessment plan prepared under section 4.2 of this chapter, including the computerization of assessment records;
(2) payments to assessing officials and hearing officers for county property tax assessment boards of appeals under IC 6-1.1-35.2;
(3) the development or updating of detailed soil survey data by the United States Department of Agriculture or its successor agency;
(4) the updating of plat books;
(5) payments for the salary of permanent staff or for the contractual services of temporary staff who are necessary to assist assessing officials;
(6) making annual adjustments under section 4.5 of this chapter; and
(7) the verification under 50 IAC 27-4-7 of sales disclosure forms forwarded to:
(A) the county assessor; or
(B) township assessors (if any);
under IC 6-1.1-5.5-3.
Money in a property reassessment fund may not be transferred or reassigned to any other fund and may not be used for any purposes other than those set forth in this section.
(b) All counties shall use modern, detailed soil maps in the reassessment of agricultural land.
(c) The county treasurer of each county shall, in accordance with IC 5-13-9, invest any money accumulated in the property reassessment fund. Any interest received from investment of the money shall be paid into the property reassessment fund.
(d) An appropriation under this section must be approved by the fiscal body of the county after the review and recommendation of the county assessor. However, in a county with a township assessor in every township, the county assessor does not review an appropriation under this section, and only the fiscal body must approve an appropriation under this section.
As added by P.L.198-2001, SEC.20. Amended by P.L.228-2005, SEC.10; P.L.88-2005, SEC.7; P.L.1-2006, SEC.131; P.L.154-2006, SEC.2; P.L.1-2007, SEC.39; P.L.219-2007, SEC.14; P.L.146-2008, SEC.79; P.L.112-2012, SEC.18; P.L.5-2015, SEC.11; P.L.86-2018, SEC.33.