2018 Indiana Code
TITLE 6. Taxation
ARTICLE 1.1. PROPERTY TAXES
CHAPTER 4. Procedures for Real Property Assessment
6-1.1-4-22. Amounts of assessment or reassessment; notice
Sec. 22. (a) If any assessing official assesses or reassesses any real property under this article (including an annual adjustment under section 4.5 of this chapter), the official shall give notice to the taxpayer and the county assessor, by mail or by using electronic mail that includes a secure Internet link to the information in the notice, of the amount of the assessment or reassessment.
(b) Each township or county assessor shall provide the notice required by this section by the earlier of:
(1) ninety (90) days after the assessor:
(A) completes the appraisal of a parcel; or
(B) receives a report for a parcel from a professional appraiser or professional appraisal firm; or
(2) April 10 of the year containing the assessment date for which the assessment or reassessment first applies, if the assessment date occurs in a year that ends before January 1, 2016, and February 10 of the year containing the assessment date for which the assessment or reassessment first applies, if the assessment date occurs in a year that begins after December 31, 2015.
(c) The notice required by this section is in addition to any required notice of assessment or reassessment included in a property tax statement under IC 6-1.1-22 or IC 6-1.1-22.5.
(d) The notice required by this section must include notice to the person of the opportunity to appeal the assessed valuation under IC 6-1.1-15-1.1.
(e) Notice of the opportunity to appeal the assessed valuation required under subsection (d) must include the following:
(1) The procedure that a taxpayer must follow to appeal the assessment or reassessment.
(2) The forms that must be filed for an appeal of the assessment or reassessment.
(3) Notice that an appeal of the assessment or reassessment requires evidence relevant to the true tax value of the taxpayer's property as of the assessment date.
[Pre-1975 Property Tax Recodification Citations: 6-1-26-1(f)(1) part, (2) part; 6-1-26-12 part.]
Formerly: Acts 1975, P.L.47, SEC.1. As amended by Acts 1977, P.L.64, SEC.2; P.L.6-1997, SEC.19; P.L.146-2008, SEC.76; P.L.136-2009, SEC.4; P.L.112-2012, SEC.16; P.L.111-2014, SEC.13; P.L.232-2017, SEC.4.