2018 Indiana Code
TITLE 6. Taxation
ARTICLE 1.1. PROPERTY TAXES
CHAPTER 12. Assessed Value Deductions and Deduction Procedures
6-1.1-12-46. Eligibility of transferred property for certain deductions
Sec. 46. (a) This section applies to real property for an assessment date in 2011 or a later year if:
(1) the real property is not exempt from property taxation for the assessment date;
(2) title to the real property is transferred after the assessment date and on or before the December 31 that next succeeds the assessment date;
(3) the transferee of the real property applies for an exemption under IC 6-1.1-11 for the next succeeding assessment date; and
(4) the county property tax assessment board of appeals determines that the real property is exempt from property taxation for that next succeeding assessment date.
(b) For the assessment date referred to in subsection (a)(1), real property is eligible for any deductions for which the transferor under subsection (a)(2) was eligible for that assessment date under the following:
(1) IC 6-1.1-12-1.
(2) IC 6-1.1-12-9.
(3) IC 6-1.1-12-11.
(4) IC 6-1.1-12-13.
(5) IC 6-1.1-12-14.
(6) IC 6-1.1-12-16.
(7) IC 6-1.1-12-17.4 (before its expiration).
(8) IC 6-1.1-12-18 (before its expiration).
(9) IC 6-1.1-12-22 (before its expiration).
(10) IC 6-1.1-12-37.
(11) IC 6-1.1-12-37.5.
(c) For the payment date applicable to the assessment date referred to in subsection (a)(1), real property is eligible for the credit for excessive residential property taxes under IC 6-1.1-20.6 for which the transferor under subsection (a)(2) would be eligible for that payment date if the transfer had not occurred.
As added by P.L.172-2011, SEC.29. Amended by P.L.250-2015, SEC.8; P.L.181-2016, SEC.11.