2018 Indiana Code
TITLE 32. Property
ARTICLE 21. CONVEYANCE PROCEDURES FOR REAL PROPERTY
CHAPTER 13. Display of Political Signs on Property Subject to Restrictive Covenants or Homeowners Association Rules
32-21-13-7. Political activity on homeowners association property may not be prohibited; exception
Sec. 7. (a) This section does not apply to homeowners association property if:
(1) access to the property from the outside is controlled by gates or other means; and
(2) the common areas, including roads and sidewalks, are privately owned and maintained.
(b) As used in this section, "homeowners association property" refers to real property owned by any of the following:
(1) A member of the homeowners association.
(2) The homeowners association.
(3) The members of the homeowners association in common.
(c) A homeowners association may not adopt or enforce a rule or covenant that prohibits, or has the effect of prohibiting:
(1) a candidate;
(2) an individual who holds an elected office;
(3) the spouse of a candidate or individual who holds an elected office; or
(4) a volunteer worker of a candidate or individual who holds an elected office;
from entering onto homeowners association property for purposes of conducting political activity.
As added by P.L.73-2014, SEC.1. Amended by P.L.174-2015, SEC.1.