2018 Indiana Code
TITLE 20. Education
ARTICLE 23. ORGANIZATION OF SCHOOL CORPORATIONS
CHAPTER 7. Consolidation of County School Corporations and Metropolitan School Districts
20-23-7-11. Metropolitan school district in more than one county; special duties
Sec. 11. If a metropolitan school district formed under this chapter includes territory in more than one (1) county, the respective counties, boards, commissions, and officers of each of the counties shall perform duties required to form a metropolitan school district jointly and severally, including:
(1) dividing the territory into board member districts;
(2) levying and collecting taxes;
(3) allocating receipts;
(4) filing petitions for nomination;
(5) printing and distributing ballots,
(6) tabulating and certifying election results; and
(7) filling vacancies.
[Pre-2005 Elementary and Secondary Education Recodification Citation: 20-4-8-22.]
As added by P.L.1-2005, SEC.7.