2018 Indiana Code
TITLE 15. Agriculture and Animals
ARTICLE 14. AGRICULTURAL FAIRS, ASSOCIATIONS, AND SOCIETIES
CHAPTER 2. State Horticultural Associations
15-14-2-3. State horticulture association; maintenance of collections
Sec. 3. (a) When the state horticultural association has complied with this chapter, the association is entitled to the occupancy and use of any unappropriated room in the state capitol or other building used or occupied by the state.
(b) The room described in subsection (a) shall be designated as the department of horticulture.
(c) An association occupying the room described in subsection (a) may maintain in the room:
(1) a library;
(2) specimens and representations of horticultural industry;
(3) collections of insect specimens or birds that are injurious or beneficial to horticultural products in Indiana; and
(4) floral specimens and representations collected by the association.
Those items and other items that the association collects and deposits in the room must be available for public inspection and examination under rules adopted by the association.
(d) The association:
(1) shall hold the items described in subsection (c) until ordered under rules adopted by the association or the interests of horticulture require; and
(2) may adopt bylaws for the association's protection and good order that are considered necessary and not inconsistent with Indiana law.
[Pre-2008 Recodification Citation: 15-1-11-3.]
As added by P.L.2-2008, SEC.5.