2017 Indiana Code
TITLE 9. Motor Vehicles
ARTICLE 30. GENERAL PENALTY PROVISIONS
CHAPTER 16. Driver's License Suspension Penalties
9-30-16-4. Petition for specialized driving privileges
Sec. 4. (a) An individual whose driving privileges have been suspended by the bureau by an administrative action and not by a court order may petition a court for specialized driving privileges as described in section 3(b) through 3(d) of this chapter.
(b) A petition filed under this section must:
(1) be verified by the petitioner;
(2) state the petitioner's age, date of birth, and address;
(3) state the grounds for relief and the relief sought;
(4) be filed in the appropriate county, as determined under subsection (d);
(5) be filed in a circuit or superior court; and
(6) be served on the bureau and the prosecuting attorney.
(c) A prosecuting attorney shall appear on behalf of the bureau to respond to a petition filed under this section.
(d) An individual whose driving privileges are suspended in Indiana must file a petition for specialized driving privileges as follows:
(1) If the individual is an Indiana resident, in the county in which the individual resides.
(2) If the individual was an Indiana resident at the time the individual's driving privileges were suspended but is currently a nonresident, in the county in which the individual's most recent Indiana moving violation judgment was entered against the individual.
As added by P.L.217-2014, SEC.154. Amended by P.L.188-2015, SEC.125; P.L.198-2016, SEC.609.