2017 Indiana Code
TITLE 9. Motor Vehicles
ARTICLE 26. ACCIDENTS AND ACCIDENT REPORTS
CHAPTER 2. Duties of Law Enforcement Officers and Accident Reports
9-26-2-2. Accident reports
Sec. 2. A law enforcement officer shall forward a written report of each accident investigated under section 1 of this chapter to the state police department within twenty-four (24) hours after completing the investigation. The report must contain, if possible, the following information:
(1) The name and address of the owner and operator of each vehicle involved in the accident.
(2) The license number and description of each vehicle involved in the accident.
(3) The time and place the accident occurred.
(4) The name and address of each person injured or killed in the accident.
(5) The name and address of each witness to the accident.
[Pre-1991 Recodification Citations: 9-3-1-2; 9-3-1-3 part.]
As added by P.L.2-1991, SEC.14.