2017 Indiana Code
TITLE 9. Motor Vehicles
ARTICLE 14. BUREAU OF MOTOR VEHICLES
CHAPTER 13. Privacy and Disclosure of Bureau Records
9-14-13-2. Disclosure of certain information
Sec. 2. (a) The bureau shall not disclose:
(1) the Social Security number;
(2) the federal identification number;
(3) the driver's license number;
(4) the digital image of the driver's license, identification card, or photo exempt identification card applicant;
(5) a reproduction of the signature secured under IC 9-24-9-1, IC 9-24-16-2, or IC 9-24-16.5-2; or
(6) medical or disability information;
of any individual except as provided in subsection (b).
(b) The bureau may disclose any information listed in subsection (a):
(1) to a law enforcement officer;
(2) to an agent or a designee of the department of state revenue;
(3) for uses permitted under IC 9-14-13-7(1), IC 9-14-13-7(4), IC 9-14-13-7(6), and IC 9-14-13-7(9); or
(4) for voter registration and election purposes required under IC 3-7 or IC 9-24-2.5.
[Pre-2016 Revision Citation: 9-14-3-5.]
As added by P.L.198-2016, SEC.193.