2017 Indiana Code
TITLE 6. Taxation
ARTICLE 1.1. PROPERTY TAXES
CHAPTER 20.3. Distressed Political Subdivisions
- 6-1.1-20.3-1. "Distressed unit appeals board"
- 6-1.1-20.3-2. "Distressed political subdivision"
- 6-1.1-20.3-3. "Political subdivision"
- 6-1.1-20.3-4. Board established; members
- 6-1.1-20.3-5. Staff; funding; contracts
- 6-1.1-20.3-6. Petitions to the board; petition by treasurer of state
- 6-1.1-20.3-6.5. Designation of distressed political subdivisions; annual review; notice
- 6-1.1-20.3-6.7. "Township assistance property tax rate"; designation of certain townships as distressed political subdivisions
- 6-1.1-20.3-6.8. Designation of Gary Community School Corporation as a distressed political subdivision; powers and duties of emergency manager; fiscal management board; chief financial officer and chief academic officer
- 6-1.1-20.3-6.9. Gary Community School Corporation; selection of financial specialist by board; consent of governing body of the school corporation; procedure for selection; authorization for the board to take certain actions if financial specialist selected
- 6-1.1-20.3-7. Repealed
- 6-1.1-20.3-7.1. Designation of Muncie Community Schools as fiscally impaired school corporation; powers and duties of emergency manager; hearing and determination on whether school corporation should be designated as a distressed political subdivision
- 6-1.1-20.3-7.5. Appointment of emergency manager; representation by attorney general and immunity from civil liability for fiscal management board, emergency manager, chief financial officer, and chief academic officer
- 6-1.1-20.3-8. Repealed
- 6-1.1-20.3-8.3. Review of school corporation petition for a loan
- 6-1.1-20.3-8.4. Expired
- 6-1.1-20.3-8.5. Powers and duties of emergency manager
- 6-1.1-20.3-8.7. Restrictions on school corporations designated as distressed
- 6-1.1-20.3-9. Record of proceedings; open door law
- 6-1.1-20.3-9.9. Petition to board appealing decision by emergency manager
- 6-1.1-20.3-10. Petition for judicial review
- 6-1.1-20.3-11. Court rules; procedure
- 6-1.1-20.3-12. Burden of proof; findings of fact; grounds for relief
- 6-1.1-20.3-13. Petition for termination of distressed status; conditions for termination
- 6-1.1-20.3-14. Repealed
- 6-1.1-20.3-15. Requests for technical assistance from the board
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Indiana may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.