2017 Indiana Code
TITLE 5. State and Local Administration
ARTICLE 14. PUBLIC RECORDS AND PUBLIC MEETINGS
CHAPTER 1.5. Public Meetings (Open Door Law)
5-14-1.5-4. Posting agenda; memoranda of meetings; public inspection of minutes
Sec. 4. (a) A governing body of a public agency utilizing an agenda shall post a copy of the agenda at the entrance to the location of the meeting prior to the meeting. A rule, regulation, ordinance, or other final action adopted by reference to agenda number or item alone is void.
(b) As the meeting progresses, the following memoranda shall be kept:
(1) The date, time, and place of the meeting.
(2) The members of the governing body recorded as either present or absent.
(3) The general substance of all matters proposed, discussed, or decided.
(4) A record of all votes taken by individual members if there is a roll call.
(5) Any additional information required under section 3.5 or 3.6 of this chapter or any other statute that authorizes a governing body to conduct a meeting using an electronic means of communication.
(c) The memoranda are to be available within a reasonable period of time after the meeting for the purpose of informing the public of the governing body's proceedings. The minutes, if any, are to be open for public inspection and copying.
As added by Acts 1977, P.L.57, SEC.1. Amended by P.L.38-1988, SEC.7; P.L.76-1995, SEC.1; P.L.2-2007, SEC.99; P.L.134-2012, SEC.13.