2012 Indiana Code
TITLE 25. PROFESSIONS AND OCCUPATIONS
ARTICLE 8. BEAUTY CULTURE
CHAPTER 7.1. MANICURIST SALON LICENSES
Chapter 7.1. Manicurist Salon Licenses
Issuance of licenses
Sec. 1. The board may issue a license under this article to operate a manicurist salon.
As added by P.L.184-1991, SEC.25.
Sec. 2. A person who desires to obtain a manicurist salon license must:
(1) do one (1) or more of the following:
(A) Select a site for the salon that, if located in the same building as a residence:
(i) is separated from the residence by a substantial floor to ceiling partition; and
(ii) has a separate entry.
(B) Meet the requirements for a mobile salon as established by the board under IC 25-8-3-23(b);
(2) if applicable, obtain:
(A) a building permit;
(B) a certificate of occupancy; or
(C) other approval action required under IC 22-15-3 and IC 36-7-4;
to operate the manicurist salon;
(3) install the furnishings, if applicable, and obtain the salon equipment required under rules adopted by the board; and
(4) submit a verified statement on a form prescribed by the board that the manicurist salon will be under the personal supervision of a person who has at least six (6) months active experience as a:
(A) manicurist under IC 25-8-11; or
(B) cosmetologist under IC 25-8-9;
before the application was submitted under this chapter.
As added by P.L.184-1991, SEC.25. Amended by P.L.197-2007, SEC.39.
Waiver of licensee supervision requirement
Sec. 3. The requirement for a manicurist license under section 2(4) of this chapter may be waived by the board if:
(1) the applicant submits a verified petition for the waiver on a form prescribed by the board that: (A) states the reasons for requesting the waiver; and
(B) is signed by two (2) individuals who know the applicant and are familiar with the facts in the petition; and
(2) the board determines that the requirement would result in extreme hardship to the applicant if enforced.
As added by P.L.236-1995, SEC.13.
Temporary manicurist salon license
Sec. 4. If the board:
(1) cannot determine whether an applicant has complied with section 2 of this chapter at the time the application is filed; and
(2) determines that more than fifteen (15) days are required to determine whether the applicant has complied with section 2 of this chapter;
the board shall issue a temporary manicurist salon license to the applicant.
As added by P.L.173-1996, SEC.10.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Indiana may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.